UPDATE: miRBase version 19 is the current version
April 26th, 2010 – miRBase microRNA Sequence Database Updated to Release 15.0
The latest version (15.0) of the miRBase sequence database for known miRNAs was released today.
Highlights of the new release:
- Release 15 represents a major update to the database increasing the number of mature miRNA sequences by a full 48% over release 14.0.
- This latest release features a total of 15,632 mature miRNA sequences.
- The number of verified microRNAs has increased from 10,883 to 14,197 hairpin precursor miRNAs.
- 18 new species have been added bringing the total to 133 species.
- Many sequences have been updated or revised.
- New sequences have been added to important model species – Human (219), Mouse (11), Rat (1), Drosophila (218), Nematode sp. (311), Arabidopsis (9).
- New sequences have been added to important agricultural species – Cow (50), Pig (98), Silkworm (396), Peanut (23), Cotton sp.(24), Orange sp.(25), Rice (33), Sorghum (8), Corn (61).
- A total of 526 new plant sequences and 53 new virus sequences
- Other important new species include – Zebra Finch, Japanese Killifish, Yellow Fever & West Nile Mosquitos, Castor Oil Plant
Subscribe to the miRNA blog
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.